Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome

New to this, but after posting most of my rants on deviantart.com for Goddess knows how long, I feel confident to make a start at this now. Ironically, I only found out about the feminist blogosphere after an argument with the first MRA (men's rights activist) I had ever encountered, so I thank him for his idiocy.

The concept behind the Feminist wing is that on the political spectrum I don't believe that feminist concerns are properly presented. Certainly not by the Right, and not by the centre, and although most feminists, including myself, identify with the Left, it really isn't sympathetic enough to our concerns either, as is proven most recently by the Julian Assange case, but also when leftist men sexually objectify women like Sarah Palin, Ann Coulter, Condoleeza Rice, etc. We need a new political wing. No, not just a party, but an entire wing devoted to feminist concerns. Will there be a lot of overlap with the Left? Sure there will be, but also plenty of disagreement, such as on the age of consent and how we deal with heroes who are accused of a crime. The Feminist wing could contain several parties, some extremist, some religious, some environmental, you name it. But again, all of them would be feminist. I don't know how realistic this idea of mine is and it may be better to improve the Left. I don't know. I do know, however, that when it comes to feminism the Left currently isn't good enough, so I do want to get discussion rolling.

I think that's about all I have to say for this post. I am first and foremost an anti-sexual assault activist, so most of my posts will involve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment